Do you dream of owning your own Pacific Island and yet being close enough to a main city that you can have the best of secluded island living right alongside city living. There really isn’t anywhere else in the world you can enjoy this.
There are 3 freehold titles covering over 26 acres of freehold land for sale representing a rare opportunity to acquire a substantial freehold property ripe for development (subject to approvals) and in such an enviable advantageous position, giving the prospective purchaser the ability to capitalise on their investment. Be it a yoga/eco retreat, a small glamping set up, or just your personal retreat, the islands topography is ideal.
There is currently more than 400 cubic meters of mahogany plantation, some ready to be felled and milled. There is also a new mill onsite, offering the opportunity to use your own timber for any possible development.
Rich in history, Namuka Island was home to Mr Joske after whom the renowned volcanic plug is named, then later by the Whippy family who built the boat ramp so they could use the island as part of their boat building business. Wander through the lush rainforest to witness the historical sites, swim and snorkel in the tranquil waters to explore the coral nursery and reef or just sit on the beach and soak up the breathtaking sunsets and sunrises.
The waters are calm and are teeming with a plethora of incredible sea life right at your door. Watch the dolphins and jumping fish play from the shore or swim and snorkel to see the stingrays, iridescent tropical fish, sea snakes, eels, crabs darting in and out of the beautiful coral just to mention a few.
Namuka has played host to many a celebrity and has been the backdrop for productions such as “The Other Side of Heaven 2”, NZ Celebrity Treasure Island. Such a private locale will no doubt draw the attention of those wanting privacy far away from the public eye!
A walk around the island at sunrise is the most amazing experience! Explore the secret caves, rock formations, old ship wreck, ancient fish traps and wonder at unspoilt raw beauty that Namuka Island has to offer. A very close second is the spectacular sunsets from the beach while sipping on sundowners at the “Oar House” beach bar. The current buildings have been built from wood that has washed up, as well as mahogany milled on the island, giving them a unique rustic character. The original 80 year old home is built from Oregon.
The house runs off solar power, with ample battery storage, backed up by a 12KW and 4.4kVa generators. There is over 22,000 litres of water storage.
– Family held, freehold island property owned outright. No rates payable and currently no stamp duty
– Approximately 26+ acres of rainforest which includes a plantation of Mahogany and coconut trees.
– Infrastructure includes a timber home, 2 character bures, fully set up beach bar, timber mill and machinery shed.
– Previously set up with a hotel licence, tourist accommodation and day tripping experiences.
– Walkin/walkout on offer – inventory available on request
– Self sufficient with solar power (plus battery storage) and ample tank water and storage tanks
– Multiple beach frontages, deep channel access route and protected from wind
– After a visit to Namuka Island you leave with a true appreciation of the quiet life – but in reality are not that far from anywhere!
Inspections are by appointment – at least 3
days notice is required. Inspection times will
depend on the daily tides.
Spark Pte Limited is your Exclusive Fiji Agent.